Saturday, March 30, 2013

Liebster Award!



So last week,
 the beautiful Miss Krystal 
over at Krystal's Musings, 
was kind enough to include me
 in her Liebster Award Nominations
I'm normally not one to brag
 but this makes two years running for me!  

Now that I've been nominated, I get to nominate several others, so please have a look at my nominations down below as well! If you've never seen a Liebster Award before, this is how it works:

You receive the Award and along with it 11 Questions from the Recipient who nominated you! First you offer up 11 Random facts about yourself! After answering the 11 Questions & Random Facts, You get to write your own Questions and Nominate some of your own favorites! It truly is about bloggers spreading the love around to each other!


11 Random Facts About Me:


1. I am really, really clumsy. Its something the majority of people who have met me can vouch for. I play it off well, but I definitely have the bruises to prove it.

2. I'm a big fan of stand up comedy and reference certain comedians, like Chris Rock, Robert Schimmel and Joe Rogan in general conversation, as often as I can. 

3. Although I played soccer growing up, and rugby in college, Hockey is actually my favorite sport. Said college actually lacked a football team, so everyone turned out for hockey games. Even though the NY Rangers are the team in my house, my fiance and I will watch any hockey game airing on TV... I can't not be excited =)

4. Because of some legal mumbo jumbo snafu, despite living here in the United States my entire life and having been adopted by American Citizens at the age of 3 months, the government considers me a Legal Permanent Resident. So at the age of 28 I've yet to vote, not because I don't want to, but because I'm not allowed. Hopefully being lawfully wedded soon will help. But its definitely an eye opening experience.

5. I have two beautiful nieces, my sister's daughter Melissa who is 11 and my future sister in law's daughter Hailey Rose who is just shy of 3. I love being an Aunt to such clever and adorable little girls!

6. I love to cook and having worked in food service for about 10 years I've picked up some pretty neat tricks =)

7. My cat's name is Ninja! And the ! is definitely part of the spelling =) She's the first kitty I've ever lived with and its been such an adventure for me, having only been a doggie person before her. She has a little personality like no other and definitely keeps my Gentlemanly Friend and I on our toes! And thankfully she doesn't claw the couches!

8. I used to go to punk rock and ska concerts when I was younger. One of my all time favorite bands is the Reel Big Fish and you could definitely find me right in the middle of the mosh pit on any given night!


9. Keith, my fiance, and I quit smoking cigarettes together almost 2 and half years ago and it feels amazing!

10. I would love to eventually live on a working farm, or perhaps own one as a co-op with other people. Despite my love of sinful food (see #5), I do strongly believe food is the key to nutrition and health. So I'd love to know I was raising my family with foods that were as processed and handled as little by others as possible. Its definitely a long term dream!

11. My latest guilty pleasure as an adult... watching Fashion Police. Yea, Joan Rivers is a meanie but sometimes after a rough day at work it helps me take the edge off. And I love, love Kelly Osbourne- her positivity, fun style and way of championing people who catch a lot of crap totally represent everything I believe about rooting for the underdog and finding the bright side of things!

11 Questions From Krystal!


1. What is your BEST birthday experience? Why?

    I have to say, although I've had some really great birthdays in the past, the best one was my most recent one. Just me, my guy and my best friend heading out to a local pool hall for some billiards and drinks. The night ended up being both perfect and hilarious and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

2. What animal do you most relate to? Why?
    Honestly I almost wrote Lion, but it would probably be more accurate to say something small and somewhat scrappier - like a lemur or a chimp. Something that swings through trees and has mechanical skills. And likes to interact with other lemurs or chimps =)

3. Have you ever been in a wedding?

   No, although I hope to take part in my own relatively soon =)

4. If you could explain your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

     Embellishment. Because I believe a little embellishment be it through kind words, beautiful jewelry or a memorable moment can make a world of difference in people's lives.

5. Where are you at on your New Years resolutions?

    This is a great question! Although not to sound like a jerk but I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I feel like addressing a problem when you recognize the problem is the best approach. That being said, my current problem project is definitely time management. I've been literally timing myself lately in an effort to keep myself on track with getting things done throughout the day. 

6. Significant other?

     Yes indeedy, the Gentlemanly Friend I refer to, is in fact my fiance, Keith. He's by far the best thing in my life, bar none.

7. Favorite Food?
     Cheeseburgers. I am an absolute sucker for a cheeseburger.
    
8. Name one thing that you are really good at.

     Jewelry making. (although a close second would be kissing my own butt, haha)

9. What is your dream car? Do you see yourself ever obtaining this car?
   
  This might make you laugh a Jeep Cherokee is actually my dream car. I'm a no frills kind of girl and my Dad had one of these when I was in high school and I loved it. Its got room for people, room for stuff and although they're a little utilitarian, they're sturdy. =) And yes I definitely see myself in one soon!

10. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
     It depended on the day of the week! But I mostly wanted to work in the film industry, or the music industry! 

11. If you were stranded on a deserted island (you know where this is going...) and you could only take three non-survival items, what would they be? (Food and water is too obvious!!!!)

    Socks, because island or not my feet get cold! Wire, so I could wrap rocks and shells and make myself an island fashionista, and lastly my kitty =) I don't think I could live without her!

_______________

My Nominees!

Alex, over at Skyejuice
Amanda  over at Young Broke and Marvelous

Nicole, over at UnifyHandmade

These talented ladies have blogs full of beautiful and creative entries and photographs! Definitely worth adding to your daily blog roll =)



And now finally my 11 Questions:

1) Name the Best Concert You've Ever Been to
2) Who's Person in Your Life Who Inspires You and Why
3) The Most Visually Interesting Place You've Ever Been (natural or manmade!)
4)What Historical Event Do You Wish You Could Have Been At?
5)Least Favorite Food and Why?
6)Dream Job/Career- and is it One You See Yourself Attaining?
7)White Lies- Necessary Evil or Just Tell 'em The Truth?
8)Blog Design/Layout You Envy Most
9)Best Restaurant Experience You Ever Had
10)Foreign Films? Yay or Nay? Name a favorite if Yay
11)Sport you wish you played but never have?

Whew! This was definitely a long one! But its always flattering to know people like ya'! Thanks again Krystal and I'm off to get started on editing some new shop listings! 

Leap Like The Road Before You Leads to Paradise and It Will.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Just interesting facts and Great answers!!! I am in love with your answer about being an Island Fashionista!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks! Your questions were sooo much fun to answer! I'm still super flattered you thought me worthy =)

    ReplyDelete

Your Eyedeas on the Subject: